Thursday 6 August 2015

ADVERTISING LIFE

Today marks my last day working in the advertising industry, for now at least (not sure if I'll get back in) Haha.
It's been a good 2-3 years in bigger agencies and I had my fair share of experience working in a local when I just graduated.

Well, a friend once told me - "advertising really is for a certain breed of people hor? either you are cut out for it or you will just not fit in".

To the above statement, well, it makes me wonder too if I am cut out for advertising sometimes.
Most people deem me to be the super extroverted girl. Mmm, but actually I DO need my hamsterball time. And definitely not that kind that makes friend everywhere I go. Hahah.
I take awhile to warm up to people... hahaha.

I love the freedom and open working environment.
But on the other hand, the downside? - Yes, be ready for crazy work hours, be ready to meet expectations that are out of the world. Be ready to get your hands dirty to do the stupid things you do not even agree with. Some people say, advertising is a con man's world. The campaigns are not truthful, the creative works are unreal.

I kinda struggled a little, juggling between being a good Christian vs. fitting into the industry (yes, its like 70% of my colleagues smokes, every other day they are drinking too. hahah, but it isnt that bad in DDB, the drinking culture is a whole load heavier here in Grey.)
But I think it is do-able, at the end of the day, it is about being able to relate to people and stepping into their boats. At the same time, to be wise and be led by the HS.
It is not easy, but well... I am glad that I managed to sow some seeds nonetheless.

Will I miss advertising?
I am not too sure myself. I think I might. The next place I am heading should fit me fine too (: I don't think it is going to be all corporate too, so I am quite excited!
A little anxious, but... let's see what God has in-stored for me.

It's been a good ride. Glad to have met amazing people and bonded some friendships through this journey (:

x


No comments:

Post a Comment