Saturday 13 June 2015

DESTINY x DEFINING x DECISIONS

So its been a few weeks since I went for the Gzone Retreat in Johor Bahru (: It was a 3 days 2 nights thing and we bunked at Tanjung Puteri Resort. Well, the space was big and all. Haha, but not the cleanest >.<
Nonetheless, it was a good time just spending quality moments with my favourite people, and of cos' Fig Tree moments & the precious Me-God ignited times.
Felt very much like how days of my youth camps were like (feeling old saying this even) Ha-ha!
But that spiritual intimacy was really encouraging and uplifting.

(PART 1) - Gzone Retreat! (:

Here's to Day 1 before setting off:

So glad Xiaohui could join us (:
We headed to grab quick lunch and headed down to the resort to check in and all.
Looks not bad actually right.

Broke into our groups- I was in Team Yogi. HAHAHA.
Becos' our team leader, Kaisen (was nicknamed Yogi :p)

Then we headed off for seafood dinner (Todak Restuarant)! nommmms.
I wasn't super satisfied with the dinner (maybe cos' it was abit cold already)
But okay, it was fine.
Haha. The place was filled with many many Singaporeans!


















After dinner we headed back to the resort and Garrett shared with us.
Just amazed by Garrett because he was preaching for Service 1 that Saturday, and it was Sunday night when he was sharing/preaching to us and then praying for the couples.
Throughout the whole day since morning, he was spending time with the zone as well!

Garrett shared with us about (( Destiny x Defining x Decisions ))
Really awaken something inside of me.
So many times we struggle and do things based on our own understanding and more of what we want instead of what God really plans for us.

However, to put it simply, God has a calling for each and everyone of us. We may not understand and we may not see it now, but we will eventually.
And for alot of us in that room that night, I believe and really think we are in the best years and phase of our life to step into what God has intended. 
I mean we are all different and really unique, there are different ways He is going to use us. 


Just few weeks prior to hearing this, I was just sharing with Gewwy about how my heart feels a little anxious and I was wondering about my future, in terms of what I should be doing more for God, in church and even my career.

But that night God spoke, and shared that if He brings me some where, He will definitely be with me.
God is going to give me what is needed & His grace is sufficient for me.


& to DEFINE,  how would I describe my life in one line... that got me thinking.
If God were to describe your life in one line, what would it be? 
& the DECISIONS we make day to day.
Something Garrett shared that stirred my spirit that night-
"you are the accumulation of the decisions we make."
Indeed there's power in decisions/choices we make in our life, only we can make these decisions/choices.

The steps that we take will lead us to our destination but 
the decisions that you make bring you to your destiny
the days that we live too, will bring us to our destiny

(Ephesians 5:15-17 NKJV)
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

circumspectly: be very careful to how we walk our steps (make choices/decisions)
So that got me thinking about my life as it is, what are the wrong/bad decisions I have made?
I know I have taken wrong steps,
I mentioned previously, but I know I have walked on from it & walking right.
That night it was a reminder, 
we really really need to love God and have the fear of God in our lives.
It was good, managed to HTHT with Xiaohui too and chilled abit with the girls in the same villa that night (:
More on Part 2's thoughts in next postttt!

No comments:

Post a Comment