Sunday 24 May 2015

SLOWLY BUT SURELY


















Always remembering that session we sat there watching the movie "Lions for Lamb". 
It's been a few years back since that session, I can't even remember when to be honest. But the take away from that session remains so so precious.
This is... growing up. Sometimes it feels like everything is coming at you. All the decisions we have to worry and think about sometimes. So many choices, decisions to make on our own. These are things perhaps we hate about growing up. 
But yet again, seeing it in another perspective makes me really comforted. It is a good thing with this 'challenge'. It means that I am... indeed growing up. It means to take responsibility over my life, choices and decisions. This means, me stepping into God's plans for me.

I will always remember that my Pastors +Tan Seow How & Pastor Cecilia Chan have taught me to make pre-made decisions in my life. That way, when we are at our lowest, our pre-made decisions based on our convictions allow us to make better choices. 

I can't say that I have made the best decisions in life. 
I don't, and I know it. I try to, and I'm still trying daily. We all do, isn't it? 

In fact,  I made a really bad decision just as I stepped into the workforce after almost a year.
For almost 1.5years, I drifted away from God.
I gave myself many excuses to the decisions I made during this period of time. 
My insecurities and emotions got me making wrong choices most of the time. Many days I would feel too tired emotionally to do anything and rather 'nua'. 
I knew He was there all along, I know I still love Him... but I was hesitant and often made decisions in my own strength.

Cut the long story short, I am glad God eventually picked me up and shook me out of that emotional wreck I was.

I remember Garrett once told me that it is important we take responsibilities about the decisions and choices we make in our lives. We all have to learn. If we make the wrong choice, we accept it and we grow from it. 
Nothing is ever wasted.

I learned the hard way lah, oh sigh.

But that's fine, slowly but surely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment