Saturday 23 May 2015

JOURNEY FOR A DECADE

Almost half a year into 2015. May is coming to an end and I am pretty hyped up for June.
2015 marks many significant moments. For one, its been a decade of my salvation.

Looking back, I am glad Heart of God Church is the place I found God.
It's been quite a journey I have to say. I have had my fair share of ups and downs. Come to realise that things that used to matter doesn't anymore. Many people have come and left. There are also times I wanted to give up but held on nonetheless.
But one thing I am certain of is that God's promises are true and that His love is constant throughout this 10 years.

I chanced upon my little old blog just recently (my writings as a 16 year old convent girl).
A little embarrassed I am (who am I kidding, actually very)
Haha. But this little entry made me smile amidst me cringing at every other entries:




















I remember a week before 10 April 2005, I headed for a concert in this brown maroon building located at Clemenceau Ave, Dhoby Ghaut. My favourite handsome cousin Ivan invited me! (of cos' I would agree) & I was touched and moved by the presence of God that very day. 

I did struggle with many frivolous matters that are precious to a 16 year old teenager girl. It was hard to let go of what was precious and commit. But I'm glad I met people nice people like Pamela and Esther on the day of the concert. They made it easier for me to step out of my comfort zone and take a step of faith to attend my first service on 10 April, 10 years back.

I was taking my O levels that year. And I remember that I was hurt by some boy that I was interested in at that time. But above these, reading this post makes me remember that my heart was joyful that very day I went for my first service. Everything else were not major because of the decision to let God enter.

It's been 10 years now and I am a working adult.
Let's be honest about it, of course a Christian's walk ain't a bed of roses.
I am only human, very ordinary.
I do struggle with work woes like anyone else and whatsoever, but I now have God's assurances that I hold on to.

One thing that doesn't change- that joyful heart knowing my heart stays true to God's love.
Thankful tonight to know I have made the right decisions in my life, that is to fight on. I held on to His promises and I am still be found in this Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment